Click on the "Pay Now" button below to start your online registration. Please answer all questions.
Please note that no registrations will be taken on the morning of the walk.
Registration will close at midnight on the 22nd of August 2019.
If you require assistance with the registration process, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com
Please read the rules and regulations below before completing online registration. Check your emails regularly to keep up to date with any changes for the walk.
By registering for the National Dawn Walk for Cancer, you are agreeing to these rules and any instructions and regulations displayed or given on the morning of the event by organisers and assisting agencies.
If you have any questions, please contact us on 083 8609921 and we will be happy to assist you.
§ The event begins Saturday the 24th of August 2018 at 5:45am. We ask all people participating in the walk to be on-site at 5 .
§ The National Dawn Walk for Cancer is open to both men and women aged 16 or over. Only registered participants aged 16 or over on the morning of the event are eligible to take part in National Dawn Walk for Cancer.
§ Participants aged 5 to 16 (inclusive) on the morning of The National Dawn Walk for Cancer must be registered in addition to, and accompanied by, another participant aged 18 or over.
§ It is important that you arrive on time as everyone will need to sign in and due to the numbers involved.
§ We ask that you do not leave valuables or personal belongings inside your car however we cannot be responsible for any loss or damage while you are participating in the walk.
§ Follow the health & safety brief as set out on the morning of the walk
§ Starts and finishes at the Presentation De La Salle College – Bagenalstown, County Carlow.
§ Please note that cars may NOT be left on any main road for the duration of the walk
§ All participants registered in advance of the morning are to register and be briefed at The Presentation College De La Salle Bagenalstown.
§ There will be 2-3 rest points including the start and finish which include water stops.
§ All competitors MUST report in at each check point.
§ Water AND Fruit will be available at check points and refreshment points, you’ll also find bowls of water for service dogs.
§ NO RUNNERS ALLOWED! If Participants decide to Run, you do so at your own risk and will not be covered as a participant of the National Dawn Walk.
1. Wheelchair users are encouraged to participate in The National Dawn Walk for Cancer, providing they have assistance at the event. All participants wishing to take part using a wheelchair must contact us The National Dawn Walk For Cancer Team on 083 8609921 to make the appropriate arrangements.
2. Unfortunately, no pets (except service dogs), baby strollers/prams or roller skates/blades, skateboards and/or scooters are allowed on the route of the National Dawn Walk for Cancer.
3. Unfortunately, mobility scooter users are not allowed take part in the National Dawn Walk for Cancer. The health and safety of all participants is very important to us and we cannot guarantee that each type of mobility scooter will be able to manoeuvre the route.
4. All participants arriving late must abide by the instructions and decisions of the event officials and other agencies; for health and safety reasons it is possible that latecomers will not be permitted to take part.
5. The National Dawn Walk for Cancer is a non-competitive walk, and participants are reminded that running is not allowed. For health and safety reasons, all personnel have been instructed not to permit runners to take part in the event. If you do run on the morning then you will not be considered an official participant of the event, and as such you will not be eligible to use any event resources (including but not limited to pit stops, suppliers, access to the finish venue, refreshments, course direction/support, personnel etc.).
You understand that you absolve The National Dawn Walk for Cancer any/all responsibility, and that you progress entirely at your own risk.
The Organisers of the National Dawn Walk for Cancer reserves the right to alter or reduce either the Walk or course if the need arises on the morning of the event.
1. The National Dawn Walk for Cancer Committee respectfully asks all participants along not to use aggressive or abusive language towards our organisers, marshals, officials and volunteers or other agencies.
2. The National Dawn Walk for Cancer respectfully asks all participants along with their supporters to be respectful of local residents whilst out on the route and not to make any excessive noise.
3. The National Dawn Walk for Cancer asks all participants to use the litter and recycling facilities available within the venues and around the route. Please respect the communities you are walking through and do not drop litter but carry it with you until you can dispose of it responsibly.
4. The National Dawn Walk for Cancer asks that all participants refrain from smoking during the Walk and along the route.
5. The National Dawn Walk for Cancer reserves the right to ask participants to leave the event if they do not adhere to these rules
1. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in the National Dawn Walk for Cancer must seek medical advice from their General Practitioner prior to the event.
2. All participants must complete their name, emergency contact details and details of any health problems or current medication on the online registration form or at registration on the morning of the event.
3. First aid facilities will be provided at the event and Trained Emergency Medical Responders will be covering the event. Participants consent to their details, which may be obtained by medical providers should participants be treated by them at an event. The National Dawn Walk for Cancer shall only use these details for administration and health and safety purposes and to fulfil its legal obligations (including under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations). All medical details will be securely held by the National Dawn Walk for Cancer Adminstrator. The information will be handled in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act
4. In the case of an emergency, participants agree that the National Dawn Walk for Cancer may pass the personal details provided by a participant to the emergency services, health care professionals and use them for the purposes of contacting a participant’s emergency contact.
5. The Organisers of the National Dawn Walk for Cancer takes all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during fundraising events. There is a stringent risk assessment process in place for the event, which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. By taking part in this event, all participants acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries please contact us on 083 0609921 before agreeing to take part in this event.
6. The National Dawn Walk for Cancer reserves the right to refuse entry into the event if for whatever reason a person is deemed unfit to take part.
7. In the event you are unable to take part in the National Dawn Walk for Cancer following your registration a refund will not be available.
By taking part in the National Dawn Walk For Cancer 2019, all participants, volunteers confirm that they are happy for their names and any video footage, stills or photographs taken during their participation to be used to publicise the event for third party partners, commercial and fundraising purposes. This may include, but is not limited to, television broadcasts, publications, and other documents that may be made available to the public. Photographs of children will not be used in this manner without a parent’s or legal guardian’s written consent. However, we may use images where children are incidentally included for example, of mass participation.
No personal details (including names) of an under 16-year-old participant will be used in any publicity materials without the written consent of their parent or legal guardian. The National Dawn Walk for Cancer Team will not provide participants’ personal details to third parties.
By registering a participant under the age of 16 (or allowing an under 16-year-old to take part in an event), you confirm that their parent/legal guardian is happy for their images to be used in the manner described in these rules.